This week's online reading will be provided using online resources instead.
Grade 1 students can do the following online home reading. The French Help section of the school's website is amazing. This particular section, Les petits livres, is an excellent reading resource with audio and word highlighting your child can follow along with. The student can follow along and read in unison with the voice, or mute the sound to read alone. Please complete at least 2 stories, ideally re-reading each one at least 3 times to increase fluidity and accuracy.
1. Click in the middle of the screen to see the menu.
2. For the activity, select the book icon that says Je m'entraine a lire.
3. Then, for the activity again, select the Lecture assistee icon.
4. Below, you can select the book. Please click on Documentaires.
5. Under Documentaires, please select Dans la ville.
6. Click OK.
7. Click Lire.
8. Click the bird with a trumpet icon in the bottom left corner of the page to hear the audio.
9. Click particular words in the text to practice or get a mini-lesson.
A step-by-step visual cheat sheet can be found below as well.
Your child can explore the other stories provided on the site afterwards.